Control user access to Classroom
This article is for G Suite Administrators
As a G Suite administrator, you give teachers and students access to Classroom via the Admin console.
Before you begin
To turn Classroom on or off for select groups of users, put their accounts in an organizational unit. Learn more about organizational structure.
Note: Teachers and students need a G Suite for Education account before they can use Classroom.
Give users access to Classroom
- From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsG SuiteClassroom.
At the top right of the gray box, click Edit Service .
At the left, the top-level organization and any organizational units appear.
To apply settings to individual organizational units, do the following:
- At the left, select the organizational unit that contains the users whose settings you want to change.
- To change the setting, select On or Off.
- To keep the setting the same, even if the parent setting changes, click Override.
- If the organization's status is already Overridden, choose an option:
Inherit—Reverts to the same setting as its parent.
Save—Saves your new setting (even if the parent setting changes).
Learn more about the organizational structure.
Changes may take up to 24 hours to propagate to all users.
Configure Classroom settings
You can configure 2 settings for Classroom:
Class membership—Determine who can join classes in your domain and which classes can users in your domain join.
- Whitelisted domains—Allow users to join classes from the domains that you trust and allow teachers and students from different domains to share information.
For details, go to Configure class settings.