This article is for students. Co-teachers, go here.
To use Classroom, you sign in on your computer or mobile device and join classes. After you join a class, you can get work from your teacher and communicate with your classmates.
You can join a class with:
- A class link—Your teacher sends you the link.
- A class code—Your teacher sends or tells you the class code.
- An email invite—Your teacher sends you the invite.
After you join a class on one device, you're enrolled in that class for all devices.
To join a class, be sure to sign in to Classroom with the correct account. For instructions, go to How do I sign in to Classroom?
- Click the class link your teacher shared.
- Select the account you use for Classroom.
Tip: If you need to switch accounts, click Switch accounts before you try to join. Learn more
- Click Join.
Your teacher can tell you the class code. After you get the code, follow these steps:
Make sure to sign in with the correct account. If you're already signed in and need to switch accounts, in the top-right corner, click your profile pictureselect or add your account.
- At the top, click Join class .
- Enter the class code from your teacher and click Join.
Tip: Class codes are 6-7 characters, and use letters and numbers. Codes can’t have spaces or special symbols.
Your teacher might send you an email invite. You can join the class from the email or in Classroom.
Accept the invite in Classroom
- Make sure to sign in with the correct account. If you're already signed in and need to switch accounts, in the top-right corner, click your profile pictureselect or add your account.
- On the class card, click Join.
Accept the invite in your email
- Open the email program you use for Classroom.
- In the email invite, click Join.
- (Optional) If you see Class not found, click the Down arrow and sign in with the account you use for Classroom. Learn more.
- Click Join.
Trouble joining a class?
I forgot or lost the class code
My class code doesn’t work
- You’re signed in to Classroom with the correct account. Learn more.
- The code you enter is 6-7 characters long, and uses letters and numbers. Codes can’t have spaces or use special characters.
If you still have trouble, let your teacher know.