This article is for students. Co-teachers, go here.
To use Classroom, you sign in on your computer or mobile device and join classes. After you join a class, you can get work from your teacher and communicate with your classmates.
You can join a class in 2 ways:
- Enter a class code—Your teacher shares a class code with you. You sign in to Classroom and enter the code.
- Accept an invite—Your teacher sends you an invite. You can accept the invite in your email or in Classroom.
After you join a class on one device, you're enrolled in that class for all devices.
Be sure to sign in to Classroom with the correct account. For instructions, go to How do I sign in to Classroom?
Your teacher can tell you the class code. After you get the code, follow these steps:
Make sure to sign in with the correct account. If you're already signed in and need to switch accounts, in the top-right corner, click your profile pictureselect or add your account.
- At the top, click Join class .
- Enter the class code from your teacher and click Join.
Note: Class codes are 6-7 characters, and use letters or numbers. Codes can’t have spaces or special symbols.
If your teacher invites you to join a class, you get an email invite, and you can see the class on your Classes page.
- Make sure to sign in with the correct account. If you're already signed in and need to switch accounts, in the top-right corner, click your profile pictureselect or add your account.
- On the class card, click Join.
Trouble joining a class?
I forgot or lost the class code
My class code doesn’t work
- You’re signed in to Classroom with the correct account. Learn more.
- The code you enter is 6-7 characters long, and uses letters or numbers. Codes can’t have spaces or use special characters.
If you still have trouble, let your teacher know.