This page is for teachers
You can invite students to enroll in your class in 3 ways:
- Send an invite link—Students click the link to join.
This feature is rolling out over the next week.
- Send an email invite—Students can join from the email or in Classroom.
- Share a class code—Students enter the code in Classroom.
If students have trouble with the link or code, you can reset them, or send students an email invite instead.
For instructions to join a class, students can go to Join a class as a student.
Note: Students can unenroll themselves from classes. If they unenroll, their grades are removed.
Each class you create has an invite link. You can share the link with students so they can join your class.
On the class card, click More Copy invite link.
Paste the link into an email for your students.
When students get your email, they click the link to join your class.
You can send an email invite to individual students or to a group of students. Students can accept the invite in the email or in Classroom.
Note: To invite a group of students, you can use the email alias for the Google Group. You don't have to be a member or owner of the group, but you must be able to view group members and email addresses. If you can't view this information, ask your administrator to change the permissions.
Click the class you want to invite students to.
- At the top, click PeopleInvite students .
- Enter the email address of a student or group.
As you enter text, an autocomplete list might appear under Search Results.
- (Optional) Under Search results, click a student or a group.
- (Optional) To invite more students or groups, repeat steps 4 and 5.
- Click Invite.
Note: If you have trouble adding an email address, it might be outside of your school’s domain.
After you send the invite:
- Your class list updates to show the names of invited students.
- Your students can click Join in the email or on the class card.
Each class you create has a class code. You can share the code with students so they can join your class. To share the code, paste it into an email, display it with a projector, or write it on the board.
Click the classSettings .
- (Optional) To copy the code so you can paste it into an email, under General, next to Class code, copy the code.
- (Optional) To display the code with a projector, under General, next to Class view, click Display class code .
To get a larger view of the code, click Full screen .
Tip: In any class, you can quickly display the code from the Stream page. Under the class name, next to the code, click Full screen . For a larger view, click Full screen again.
- Along with the code, give the students these instructions:
On the Classes page, click Add Join class.
Enter the code and click Join.
- Reset invite codes, if you have trouble with them.
- Disable invite codes, so new students can't join your class.
- Enable invite codes, so new students can join your class.
You only need to do this if you disabled the codes.
When you reset or enable invite codes, Classroom creates new invite codes. The previous codes won't work.
Click the classSettings .
Next to Manage invite codes, click the Down arrow and choose an option:
To reset the invite codes, tap Reset invite codes.
To disable the invite codes, tap Disable invite codes.
To enable the invite codes, tap Enable invite codes.
- (Optional) To copy the class code, next to Class code, copy the code.
- (Optional)To copy the invite link, next to Invite link, click Copy invite link .
If you’re an administrator, to turn the setting on or off, go to Configure class settings.
Class size limits
G Suite for Education accounts
- Maximum number of teachers: 20
- Maximum number of members (teachers and students): 1,000
Note: Classroom uses Google Groups for all students and teachers. Each person can only be in a certain number of groups. For more information, see the Membership section of Understand Groups policies and limits.