This article is for Google Workspace administrators.
Google Workspace administrators can use the Google Admin console to turn off a student’s ability to unenroll from classes
Learn about user enrollment controlsUser control types
- By default, both students and teachers can unenroll a student from a class.
- Admins can update the settings so only teachers can unenroll students.
Admins can assign the unenrollment settings at the organization level, so schools can control the portions of the domain they need.
If a SIS integrator such as Clever has been provisioned, teachers get a warning when they edit the class roster.
Control user unenrollment for Classroom
To remove the ability for students to unenroll:
- Sign in to your Google Admin console.
- Click Apps Google Workspace Classroom.
- From the Admin console Home page, go to Users.
- Under Student unenrollment, choose Enrollment status.
- Under Who can unenroll students from classes?, choose an option:
- Students and teachers
- Only teachers
- Choose "Only teachers" to disallow students from unenrolling from classes.
- Click Save.
Important: The default setting allows both students and teachers to unenroll students from classes.