This article is for Google Workspace for Education users who are:
- Based in the US
- Have a Google Workspace for Education Plus account
Important: To complete an SIS roster import, a Google Workspace for Education administrator must first assign a Google Workspace for Education Plus license to each user.
Import your SIS roster
Set up roster sync
- To set up the Classroom roster sync, the District Administrator in Clever and a Super Administrator in Google Workspace must initiate the process within Clever. One person may hold both roles.
Roster sync requirements
- Clever matches users based on Google email addresses. To use the Google Classroom rostering app, you must sync student and teacher addresses to Clever.
- This feature is available to Google Workspace for Education Plus and G Suite Enterprise for Education legacy users.
- Districts interested in Classroom rostering can reach out to Clever.
- You should get a response within 24 hours.
- Users can usually set up in one day.
- Many districts can launch within a week.
SIS sync compatibility
- Any district can set up a sync with Clever, regardless of their SIS.
What SIS sync can and can't do
The Google Classroom rostering app:
- Creates Google Classroom classes
- Manages teacher and student associations in classes, according to their section assignments in Clever (from SIS)
- Adds co-teachers to classes
- Updates primary teacher information, if it changes
Teachers have the option to "accept" the Clever-synced classes.
- The app doesn’t modify or delete existing classes in Google Classroom, or provision Google Accounts for students or teachers.
Teachers can change the name of the class without impacting the sync. Changes a teacher makes manually won't be overridden by the sync.