This article is for administrators.
When you set up Google Cast for Education, it connects teacher and student devices so students can share their content wirelessly with the teacher
How devices connect
If all devices are on the same network:
- Without a firewall—The extension establishes a direct connection between devices.
- With a firewall—The extension tries to connect devices using tunneling. If the firewall prevents a direct connection, devices connect through Google servers.
If devices are on different networks—The devices connect through Google servers.
Note: The teacher and students need to be online, but they do not need to be on the same network.
Cast for Education uses the following URLs and ports:
- Ports and IPs used by Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM)
- WebRTC—Cast for Education uses WebRTC, which works better if outbound UDP connections are allowed on the firewall for ports 1025–65535. You can specify the UDP ports for WebRTC connections in the Google Admin console (details below).
Step 1: Configure settings
Make sure these settings are turned on for teachers and students:
- By default, Cast for Education is enabled. If it’s not, you can turn it on. For details, see Administrators: Enable Cast.
- Make it easier for students to cast. For details, see Show Cast icon in the toolbar.
- Check that Cloud Services is on. For details, see To set up casting to Cloud Services from Chrome.
Step 2: Specify ports for WebRTC connections (Optional)
From the Admin console Home page, go to Devices.
- On the left, click Chrome management.
- Click User settings.
- Scroll down to the Network section and next to WebRTC UDP Ports, specify the ports.
Cast for Education works better if connections are allowed on ports 1025–65535.
- At the bottom, click Save.
If you have difficulty setting up Cast for Education, please send feedback from a teacher or student device. Leave a comment on both Feedback and Report an issue so that we get both your reports.
- Click Cast for Education Feedback. Enter text and click Submit.
- Right-click Cast Report an issue.
Note: If you don’t see Cast , in the top-right corner of a Chrome Browser tab, click More Cast.