Open an assignment
How you open an assignment depends on which version of Assignments you use—Assignments or Assignments LTI.
- Assignments—Open the assignment link that your instructor sends you.
- Assignments LTI—Open the assignment link from your learning management system (LMS).
For more information, go to What version of Assignments do I use?
If you use Assignments outside of a learning management system (LMS), how you open an assignment depends on how your instructor sends it to you. The following list includes some common ways to receive an assignment link.
- Before you open your first assignment in a new course, click Join course.
- You can’t open an assignment until the date set by your instructor. You can ask your instructor when an assignment will be available.
Open the link from email or a messaging forum
Your instructor can send you the assignment link through email or a messaging forum.
Go to assignments.google.com
If you already joined your instructor’s course, you can go to your list of assignments at assignments.google.com.
Open the link from your LMS
Your instructor can share the link through your LMS.
If you use Assignments LTI within an LMS:
- Go to your LMS.
- Click the course the assignment.
- Click the assignment link.
Note: You can’t open an assignment until the date set by your instructor. You can ask your instructor when an assignment will be available.