Read an originality report on your work
If your instructor turned on originality reports for an assignment, you can run up to 3 reports to check your work. Originality reports can help you revise your assignment before you turn it in.
Read the report
View the number of flagged passages
The number of flagged passages highlights text found in public webpages that’s not cited or quoted in your work. Originality reports detects excerpts on the web, identifies the top matched source, and flags passages you didn’t cite or quote.
In the originality report results, you can show or hide cited or quoted text. By default, the report doesn’t show cited or quoted passages. If your work contains citations, those passages won’t be highlighted unless you turn on the Show cited or quoted passages filter.
Switch between percentage and flagged passages views
View the percentage of flagged content
Originality report colors
The originality report is classified by color:
- Green—All content appears to be original.
- Yellow—Most content is original, but some content may be derived from the web. The score includes cited and uncited quotes and paraphrases.
- Red—Most content appears to be unoriginal.
Even though Originality reports flags unoriginal content, it’s up to you to decide whether content was used incorrectly.
Review individual passages
Review flagged passages
To navigate between flagged passages:
- In the bottom-right corner, click Back or Next .
- In the paper, click a highlighted passage.
- Navigate with keyboard arrows.