This article is for students.
If your instructor turns on originality reports for an assignment, you can use the reports to identify uncited content and unintentional plagiarism before you turn in your work. The reports compare your Google Docs file against webpages and books on the internet.
Your instructor can’t see the reports that you run. After you turn in your work, Assignments automatically runs a report that only your instructor can see. If you unsubmit and resubmit a file, Assignments runs another originality report for the instructor.
Originality reports are only available for G Suite for Education accounts set to English, Indonesian, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, and Swedish.
Run an originality report on your work
If your instructor turned on originality reports for an assignment, you can run up to 3 reports on your work.
- Go to your learning management system (LMS).
- Click the course.
- Click the assignmentView assignment.
- Under Your work, upload or create your file.
- Next to Originality reports, click Run.
Note: If you don't see Originality reports, your instructor might not have turned them on for your assignment.
- Under the file name, click View originality report to see the report.
- (Optional) To save or print your originality report, at the top, click Print and choose an option:
- Save as PDF
- Save to your Google Drive
- Print the report