If you’re a co-instructor or teaching assistant (TA) in a course, you can be added as a co-instructor in Assignments. A co-instructor has all the privileges of an instructor. You can leave margin comments, give feedback, and grade assignments.
You need a G Suite for Education account to be added as a co-instructor.
Set up co-instructors
In Assignments, a primary instructor invites a co-instructor. In Assignments LTI, a co-instructor requests to be added. Follow the steps for your version of Assignments.What version of Assignments do I use?
Invite a co-instructor in Assignments
- Go to assignments.google.com.
- Under the class name, click Add instructors.
- Enter the co-instructor’s name or email.
- Click Invite.
The invited co-instructor will receive an email with an option to accept your invitation.
Request to be added as a co-instructor in Assignments LTI
- Go to your LMS.
- In the course, click an assignment Open in Assignments a student's document.
- Sign in:
- If you’re not signed in to a Google Account, click Sign In enter your G Suite for Education account information.
- If you need to switch to another Google Account, click Switch Account select another G Suite for Education account.
- Click Send Request.
After you send your request, Assignments sends an email to the primary instructor, notifying them that you've requested to be added as a co-instructor. If the instructor accepts your request, you get an email saying you’re approved. In the email, click the link to finish linking your Google Account to the course.