Learn about Google Earth projects
You can create customized maps and stories about places around the world with text, photos, and videos. You can also share your maps and stories with others to collaborate.
Create a project with a Google account
Anyone with a Google account can create projects. If you don’t have an account, you can sign up for one here.
- Projects must be created on a computer.
- You can use any fully-supported browser like Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Edge.
- Before you start your project, gather any photos or online videos you want to include in your project about places you visited.
Open your project with Drive
To open your project on your mobile device, on your computer, start and save your project in Chrome.
- On your Android phone, open the Google Earth app .
- Tap Menu Projects .
- In the top right, tap Open Open project from Drive.
- Search for your project in "My Drive."