Animated Clouds shows you the last 24 hours of cloud movement on Google Earth. The data is updated every hour, or when new data is available.
Turn on Animated Clouds
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Earth app .
- Tap Map style .
- Scroll and tap Turn on animated clouds.
Tip: Google Earth shows stationary clouds by default, and animated clouds fade and then disappear when you zoom in.
- Cloud data may not always be precise and shouldn’t be used for public safety or daily planning.
- There might be gaps in coverage and irregular shaped clouds.
- If new data is unavailable, we’ll show the most recent complete data rather than show no clouds.
- There’s no cloud data near the poles.
If we experience an outage, we’ll notify you on our forum.