You can measure distances between locations and along paths. You can also measure the size of polygons that you draw in Google Earth.
- Measurements may not be 100% accurate, especially in areas with 3D terrain and buildings. For best results, measure using a top-down view.
- Measurements don’t account for changes in elevation.
- These instructions only apply to the new Google Earth. Learn how to measure distances in Google Earth Pro.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Earth app .
- Search for a place, or select a location on the globe.
- Tap Measure .
- To add measurement points, move the map and tap Add point.
- To remove a point, at the top, tap Undo .
- When finished, at the top, tap Done . On the bottom, you’ll see the distance measurement.
Note: If you also want to measure the area of a location, connect to your first point and tap Close Shape.
Edit your measurement
- To measure again, on the right, tap Start New .
- To delete your measurement and go back to the map, on the top left, tap Back .
Change distance units
- Next to a unit of distance, tap Expand .
- Choose an option.