Clearing your cache on a Mac
This article explains how to:
Fix crashing and graphics errors by deleting your cache on a Mac.
Please follow these steps to delete your cache:
- Select File > Server Log out.
- Select Google Earth > Preferences > Cache.
- Select Delete Cache File (only when logged out).
If you can't log in to Google Earth, you'll need to delete these files from your directory folder. Please follow these steps to delete 'dbCache.dat' and 'dbCache.dat.index':
- From the Finder, open the Home Directory icon labeled with your user ID.
- Select Library > Caches > Google Earth.
- Look for the 'dbCache.dat' files.
- Ctrl-click both the 'dbCache.dat' and 'dbCache.dat.index' files and select Move to Trash to delete these files.
These files will be regenerated the next time you log in to Google Earth.