Import your KML map data into Google Earth
You can view and share Google Earth information using KML files. You’ll see placemarks, satellite images, and other geographic info.
If you have a KML or KMZ file from an older version of Google Earth, you can open it in Google Earth for Android.
Note: Your saved places will only appear on the device you saved them on.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Earth app .
- Tap Menu My Places.
- At the bottom, tap Import KML file.
- Choose the location of the file you want to upload. If your file doesn't appear, tap Menu to locate your Drive or device's storage.
- Choose the file you want to add.
- To return to the map and view the file, tap Back .
Info you can import and export
You can view most simple KML files in Google Earth for Android. Here’s a list of what you can do now.
What you can import now
- Placemarks, lines/paths and polygons
- Image overlays (a.k.a ground overlays)
- Simple network links
- Simple KML tours without audio
- To explore a KML file’s folders, use Google Earth on your computer.
- You can turn on or off the entire KML file in the app.
- For a detailed list of which features are available, learn more about KML support in Google Earth.
Report a problem
If you still have trouble with KML files, tell us about the problem.