Learn about places
When you use Google Earth to explore the world, you can see pictures and info about the locations you're viewing.
Search for a location or tap a place. At the bottom, you’ll see a box, or Knowledge Card, with more info about what you’re looking at.
- To learn more, tap the box.
- To see photos, tap the box tap the photo.
Learn about similar places
- See related places: Swipe the box.
- Go to related place: Tap Fly .
See photos taken by others
- Tap Menu turn on Photos.
- Tap a photo that appears on the map.
- To see more photos, swipe left or right.
- Optional: To see other photos that someone took, on the bottom left, tap their name.
- To exit, on the top left, tap Back .
See your photos in Google Earth
You can submit your own photos to Google Earth if you post them to Google Maps first. Learn how to add photos to Google Maps.
Note: Google Earth selects the most relevant and visually appealing photos from the Google Maps photos database for inclusion. Not all photos that are added will appear in Google Earth.