Learn about the world
You can tour the world with a collection of map-based stories. Explore topics like travel, culture, nature, and history.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google Earth app .
- At the top, tap Voyager .
- Choose a subject, like Nature or History.
Start a tour
- On your iPhone or iPad, follow steps 1-3 in "Open Voyager."
- Tap a story. You’ll see a list of related places across the globe.
- At the top, you’ll see a 3D view of the location. On the bottom, you’ll see photos or videos of the location. From here, you can:
- Make the pictures bigger: Tap the Up arrow . In the bottom left corner of the photos, tap Full screen .
- See more pictures: If there are multiple pictures, tap the Up arrow . Then, tap the arrows next to the photo.
- To move between locations, on the bottom right, tap the arrows.
- Your story might have other chapters to view. To see them, on the top right, tap More Table of contents.
- To end the story, on the top left, tap Clear .
You can view info like global temperatures, rainfall, and wind speeds. You can also see places around the world in 3D.
- On your iPhone or iPad, follow steps 1-2 in "Open Voyager."
- Tap the Layers category.
- Select the topic you want to see.
Notes: Layers are updated every fifteen minutes. If you can’t see a topic, reload the app or wait for the layer to be updated.