Learn about the world with Voyager
You can tour the world with a collection of map-based stories. Explore topics like travel, culture, nature, and history.
- On your computer, use Google Chrome to open Google Earth.
- On the left, click Voyager .
- Choose a subject, like Nature or History.
Start a tour
- On your computer, follow steps 1-3 in "Open Voyager."
- Click on a story. You’ll see a list of related places across the globe.
- On the right, you’ll see pictures or videos of your current location. From here, you can:
- Make the pictures bigger: In the bottom left corner of the photo, click Full-screen .
- See more pictures: Click the arrows next to the photo.
- To move between locations, on the bottom right, click the arrows.
- Your story might have other chapters to view. To see them, at the top, click Table of contents.
- To end the story, on the top left, click Clear .
You can view info like global temperatures, rainfall, and wind speeds. You can also see places around the world in 3D.
- On your computer, follow steps 1-2 in "Open Voyager."
- Choose the Layers category.
- Select the story that shows the info you want to see.
Was this helpful?
How can we improve it?