Search for places
You can use Google Earth to find places, like cities, landmarks, and parks.
What you can search for
Here are some ways you can look up locations:
- City and state:
Mountain View, CA
- City and country:
- Street name:
Newbury Street, Boston
- Entire address:
221B Baker St, London, NW1 6XE
- Zip or postal code:
- Longitude and latitude:
- General places:
museums in Costa Rica
Look up a place using Google Chrome
- Using Google Chrome on your computer, open Google Earth.
- In the top left, click Search .
- Type a location and press enter, or select it from the list.
Discover places at random
To travel to a new, random location, on the left, click the I’m Feeling Lucky dice .
- For info about and photos of that location, on the right, click the Knowledge Card.
- To see related places and other interesting locales, click the link below the Knowledge Card.
Was this article helpful?
How can we improve it?