See places close-up with Street View
To look at places from the ground level, you can use Street View. Zoom in to see buildings, landmarks, bridges, and more as if you're there.
Note: Street View images aren’t available everywhere. See where Street View is available.
Open Street View
- Using Google Chrome on your computer, open Google Earth.
- Click a place, or search for a location.
- Zoom in to see the area in more detail.
- On the bottom right of the screen, click Pegman .
- Click a highlighted area.
- The circles or areas colored blue can be seen in Street View.
- The circles colored orange let you see inside a building.
- To change your view, click and drag the screen.
- To return to a north-facing view, on the bottom right, click the compass.
- If you can move to a new area, white arrows appear onscreen. Click an arrow to move in that direction.
Zoom in or out
- For a closer view, on the bottom right, click Zoom in .
- For a farther view, on the bottom right, click Zoom out .
Exit Street View
In the top left, click Clear .