What is Google Earth Pro?
Google Earth Pro builds on the amazing functionality of Google Earth with even more powerful tools. Some of the most compelling features of Earth Pro include:
- Advanced Measurements: Measure parking lots and land developments with polygon area measure, or determine affected radius with circle measure.
- High-resolution printing: Print Images up to 4800x3200 px resolution.
- Exclusive Pro data layers: Demographics, parcels, and traffic count.
- Spreadsheet Import: Ingest up to 2500 addresses at a time, assigning placemarks and style templates in bulk.
- GIS import: Visualize ESRI shapefiles (.shp) and MapInfo (.tab) files.
- Movie-Maker: Export Windows Media and Quicktime HD movies, up to 1920x1080 resolution.
The chart below outlines the basic differences between Google Earth and Google Earth Pro.
|Features||Google Earth||Google Earth Pro|
|Print resolution||1000 pixels||4800 pixels|
|Import GIS data||ESRI .shp, MapInfo .tab|
|Import addresses in bulk||Manually Geo-locate each address||Automatically Geo-locate up to 2500 at a time|
|Import large image files||limited to texture size||Super Image Overlays|
|Supplemental Layers||Demographics, Parcels, Traffic Counts|
|Create premium movies for export||HD 1920x1080|
|Measurement tools||Line, Path||Line, Path, Polygon, Circle, 3D Path, 3D Polygon|
Check out this video to learn more about the features that are available exclusively in Google Earth Pro:
Earth Pro website
To learn more about Google Earth Pro and compare more Pro features to Google Earth, visit the Google Earth Pro website.
Get Earth Pro
Earth Pro is free for either business or personal use. To get started with Earth Pro, see Get an Earth Pro license.