Customize & create tours of GPS tracks
You can import tracks from a GPS device into Google Earth and create a tour.
Note: These features are only available on Google Earth 5.2 and later.
Customize your GPS track
- In the "Places" panel, right-click the GPS data source and choose:
- Windows: Properties
- Mac: Get Info
- To choose an icon for your track, click List . Then, pick an icon.
- To change the color of labels, lines, or icons, click Style, Color, and choose colors for items in your GPS track.
- Optional: If you know KML, you can customize your icon to be a 3D model.
Create a tour of a GPS track
Create and share GPS tracks by turning them into virtual tours.
- Open Google Earth.
- In the "Places" panel, choose your GPS track.
- Click Generate Tour .
- A tour of your track plays automatically.
Set GPS track tour preferences
- Windows: Tools Options Touring
- Mac: Google Earth Preferences Touring