Google Earth tutorials
Watch video tutorials (English only).
This set of tutorials can help you understand how to use the fun, powerful features of Google Earth. Each tutorial provides a hands-on lesson using the application. Tutorials topics include:
- Navigating on the Earth
- Searching for locations and businesses
- Marking locations
- Exploring Mars, Moon, and Sky (video)
- Geotagging photos using Picasa (video, English only)
- Obtaining coodinates (video, English only)
- Making movies in Google Earth Pro and EC
- Importing addresses in Google Earth Pro and EC
Note - Want to create compelling content for other Google Earth users? Learn how by following the Google Earth Outreach tutorials.
If you do not already have Google Earth installed, you can get the latest version of Google Earth. Note that these tutorials describe how to use Google Earth Version 4 or later. To check the version you have, open Google Earth and click Help > About Google Earth. To see if there are any available updates, click Help > Check for Updates Online.
With Google Earth, your computer becomes a window to anywhere on the planet, allowing you to view high-resolution aerial and satellite imagery, elevation terrain, road and street labels, business listings, and more. Learn more about Google Earth.
There are a number of other resources that can help you understand how to use Google Earth. These include:
- Google Earth User Guide - This document describes everything that you can do in Google Earth.
- FAQs: View a list answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs) about Google Earth.
- Google Earth Help Center: Use the Help Center at any time to find additional information.
- Troubleshooting: View information that specifically pertains to troubleshooting issues with Google Earth.
- Google Earth Community: Learn from other Google Earth users by asking questions and sharing answers on the Google Earth Community forums.
- Lat/Long Blog: This blog shares news and notes about Google Earth and Maps.
- Follow Your World: Sign up to receive imagery updates for places you care about.