Deactivate your Earth Pro license key
If you accidentally bought a new license instead of upgrading from a trial license or renewing your old license, you need to deactivate your former license key before you can use your new key. You also need to deactivate when you transfer your license, change your username (your username is the email address the license is registered to), or if you're receiving sign in errors.
After you deactivate your license and restart Earth Pro, you can access the sign in screen again to enter your valid username and license key. Then you can get back to using Earth Pro's advanced features.
When to deactivate your license
|Upgrades and renewals||
|Transfers and changes||
|Sign in errors||
To deactivate your license key:
- In Earth Pro, go to Help > Deactivate Google Earth Pro License > Deactivate this machine.
If you no longer have access to the machine that has Earth Pro installed, select Deactivate all computers. This removes all current Earth Pro activations.
- Exit Earth Pro completely.
- Register your new license or username. See Register Earth Pro.
- (Optional). Download and install the latest version of Google Earth Pro. See Download Earth Pro.
- Launch Earth Pro again.
- Enter your valid username and license key, and click Sign In.