Five Cool, Easy Things You Can Do in Google Earth
Want to jump in and start having fun with Google Earth? Try the the following:
- View an image of your home, school or any place on Earth
- Click Fly To. Enter the location in the input box and click the Search button. In the search results (Places panel), double click the location. Google Earth flies you to this location.
- Tour the world - In the Places panel, open the Sightseeing Tour folder and double click Start tour here.
- Get driving directions from one place to another and fly (follow) the route - See Getting Directions and Touring the Route.
- View recent historical imagery for your favorite locations - In the 3D Viewer menu, choose the Clock button to enable Historical Imagery. Then, use the time slider to view interesting placemarks throughout recent history. See Viewing Historical Imagery for more information.
- View 3D terrain of a place - This is more fun with hilly or mountainous terrain, such as the Grand Canyon. Go to a location (see number 1). When the view shows the location, use the zoom slider to tilt the terrain. See Using the Navigational Controls and Tilting and Viewing Hilly Terrain for more information.