Google Earth tips and tricks
You can explore the world lots of different ways using Google Earth.
Find & tour your favorite places
- Visit your home: Navigate straight to your house or search for it by address.
- Fly around the world: Visit sites all over the globe using the flight simulator.
- Record & play tours of your favorite places: Pick the places you want to visit, mark them on the map, and record a tour to play later or share with others.
- Add your photos to Google Earth: put your photos right on the globe so that whenever you visit a place, you can see them along with the photos already on the map.
Learn about the world
Check out how the Earth looks with the:
- Voyager layer: see realistic views of the streets, terrain, cities, 3D buildings, and more.
- Historical layer: check out how different places have changed over time.
- Sky view: look at the sky from wherever you are in Google Earth.
- 3D Terrain imagery: see how mountains, canyons, & other natural features look.
See how other people have used Google Earth
- Monitoring & improving public health: One company used it to monitor air and noise quality so that they could improve the environment.
- Planning a recreational sports event: A group of runners mapped out a 199-mile relay so that they’d be ready to tackle the terrain.
- Helping a struggling local economy: A non-profit group trained local communities & governments in a developing country so that they could build sustainable businesses right there.