Emailing an Image
At this time, emailing a Google Earth image on the Mac is available only through the Mail, Entourage and Eudora applications. You can email the current view of the earth shown in the Google Earth 3D viewer as:
- An image file for people who don't have Google Earth
- A KMZ file for other users of Google Earth
When you email an image, a JPEG file is automatically attached to an outbound email message. When you email the view as a KMZ, a KMZ file is automatically attached to an outbound email message. To email an image:
- Do one of the following:
- Click File > Email > Email Image.
- Type CTRL+Alt+E (Windows and Linux only)
- Click on the email icon on the toolbar and choose Email Image.
- In the 'Select Email Service' window, choose your default email program or your Gmail account. If you use your Gmail account, you will be prompted to sign in if you have not already.
Before selecting your email service, select the 'Remember this setting...' check box if you want to use the same email service every time you email a view. You can always change your email preferences later by selecting Tools > Options > General (Windows/Linux) or Google Earth > Preferences (Mac) and clicking on the 'General' tab.
- Wait while the Google Earth software sends the data to your email application. A new email window appears with the image file. (This can take a few seconds.) The image is a JPG file of the current view in the 3D viewer.
- Fill in the recipient's email address and any other information in the body and send the email.
When you email an image, the quality of that image is identical to the quality available for the Save Image feature in Google Earth.