Use Google Earth flight simulator
You can fly around the globe in Google Earth using the flight simulator feature. This allows you to operate a simulated aircraft using either your mouse or another controller.
Entering Flight Simulator
To enter the flight simulator, do one of the following:
- Click Tools > Enter Flight Simulator
- Press CTRL + Alt + A ( + Option + A on the Mac)
The Flight Simulator dialog box appears. You need to chose the following:
- Aircraft - Choose the airplane you would like to fly based on the descriptions shown. The SR22 is a slower plane and easier for beginners.
- Start Position - Choose where you would like to begin.
- Joystick support - Check Joystick enabled if there is a joystick device on your computer that you would like to use.
To change these settings, exit the flight simulator and press CTRL + Alt + A ( + Option + A on the Mac)
To view this page at any time, press CTRL + H. (Windows and Linux only).
To exit the flight simulator, do one of the following:
- Click Exit Flight Simulator
- Press CTRL + Alt + A or Escape (+ Option + A or Escape on the Mac).