Find places or things to do in Google Earth. You can search for specific and general locations, such as:
- City, State:
- City, Country:
- Street name:
Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood, CA
- Specific address: with number, street name, city, state, and country, such as
1600 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington, DC, United States
- Zip or Postal code
- Longitude, Latitude: in decimal format,
37.7, -122.2or DMS format,
37 25'19.07"N, 122 05'06.24"W
- General places:
coffee in NYC
- Open Google Earth.
- At the top left, select Search box and type a location.
- Press Enter or Return.
- Earth will zoom into that location on the map.
Find or delete searches
You can find or delete previous Google Earth search results on your computer any time.
Find previous search results
Google Earth saves your most recent searches. On your computer, you’ll find recent searches in a list when you type in the Search box.
You can also look at a list of previous searches:
- On the left-hand panel under "Search," click History. On the left side of "Search History," you’ll find a Checkmark .
- If the Search History isn’t already open, go to the end of the row click More . You’ll find a folder for each place you’ve searched.
- To open a folder, click More . You’ll find a list of search results.
- Double-click the link for any of the places you want to revisit. Earth will zoom into that location on the map.
Delete previous search results
- On the left-hand panel under "Search," click History.
- At the bottom right, click Clear History.
Tip: The Clear History button is at the bottom of your search results. If you haven’t cleared your history in a while, scroll down to find it.