Create travel routes or areas of interest
Mark up your map with lines and polygons to plan or document travel routes or notable areas.
Draw a path or polygon
- Open Google Earth.
- Go to a place on the map.
- Above the map, click Add Path . To add a shape, click Add Polygon . To make a path or polygon into a 3D object, click Altitude.
- A "New Path" or "New Polygon" dialog will pop up. You may need to move it out of the way before moving on to the next step.
- To draw the line or shape you want, click a start point on the map and drag.
- Click an endpoint. Then, enter a description and properties.
- Click OK.
After you’ve drawn a path or polygon, you can measure distances and areas.
Was this article helpful?
How can we improve it?