Call your friends and family with Google Duo. If they're not using the app, you can invite them to download it so you can make calls with one another.
Rewards are based on where you live and the services you have.
If you invite friends to join Duo and they sign up, you'll both get a data or cash reward. To get the reward, you need to be eligible, and your friend needs to sign up with a phone number that's never been used with Duo.
Invite someone by sharing your unique invitation link in Duo:
- Open Duo.
- Above your contacts list, tap Invite friends Share invite link.
- You'll only see prompts to invite your friends if you're eligible for rewards.
- Optional: Near your invite link, you can find and read the reward details.
- To invite someone in your contact list:
- Choose a contact tap Send.
- To invite someone not in your contact list:
- Tap Share link.
- Choose an app tap Send.
Redeem a reward
Before you can earn your reward, you need to connect your Google Account to Duo, and activate your rewards account. Duo will notify you when you earn a reward, then you can open Duo to redeem it.
- To get data rewards: You'll receive your reward from your carrier after they process it.
- To get cash rewards: Sign into Google Pay and Duo with the same Google Account. After your friend registers for Duo, you’ll receive a notification. Open Duo to redeem your reward, then you’ll receive an email with instructions to get your reward.
If you close Duo while you're redeeming your reward:
- Open Duo.
- Tap More Redeem rewards.
- Follow the instructions to get your reward.
Get Duo using your friend's link
- On your Android device, tap the link your friend sent you.
- Tap Get Duo.
- Install the latest version of Duo.
- Open Duo.
- Register your account with your phone number.
- Make sure you're eligible:
- Data rewards are only available for valid prepaid accounts.
- Cash rewards are only available in India. Make sure you're using the same Google Account for Duo and Google Pay.
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Duo app.
- Make sure you remain registered with Duo on the device you used to invite your friend.
- Make sure your friend:
- Installed Duo by tapping the unique invite link and followed the steps.
- Hasn't used a Duo account before with their phone number.
- Installed the latest version of Duo.
- Wait 2–4 hours after you redeem your reward. Depending on your carrier, some rewards take time to process.
- Rewards are only available for devices with compatible Android versions. If you change the Operating System software, or install software that's not normally allowed by the manufacturer, your Android version might be incompatible.
- Some rewards can't be redeemed after the reward period expires.
Report your problem
If you're still having issues getting your reward, submit feedback to Google and tell us what went wrong.