You can continue your Google Duo video call in a small window with picture-in-picture (PIP) while you use your phone.
Note: This feature is only available on Android 8.0 and up. Learn how to check your Android version.
- Open Duo.
- Start a video call.
- Tap your Home button.
- For Android 8.0 and up, the Duo call will continue.
- If your device doesn’t support PIP, your video will pause but you'll still hear audio.
Note: If your video is turned on, in the top left of the screen, you’ll see the video icon .
Picture-in-picture will turn off during a video call, when you:
- Double-tap the PIP window and the call becomes full screen.
- End the call.
- Close the PIP window by tapping .
- Open another app in full screen. The video call will continue in the background.
Turn off picture-in-picture for Duo
- Open your device’s Settings.
- Tap Apps & notifications Advanced Special app access Picture-in-picture.
- Tap Duo Turn off Allow picture-in-picture.