Make video calls with your Android Phone, Contacts, or Messages app
If your phone manufacturer made video calling available, you can make video calls to your contacts, who use Google Duo, from these Android apps:
- Phone app : You'll need version 13.0 and up. The video option will show in the call history or search.
- Contacts app : You'll need version 2.1 and up. The video option will show by a contact's name.
- Android Messages app : You'll need version 2.6 or up. The video option will show in a Messages conversation.
What you need to make Duo video calls
- Android 7.0 and up. Learn how to check your Android version.
- Install and set up Duo on your Android device.
- Make sure the person you're calling has Duo installed and set up too.
Note: If you've connected your phone number to any Google services, you may automatically be registered with other products, like Google Duo.
Start a video call
All Duo video calls, including international ones, are made through a Wi-Fi connection or your mobile data plan, so you won't use your mobile minutes. If you use your mobile data, charges may apply.
- Open the Phone, Contacts, or Messages app.
- In the following areas, tap Video call .
- Phone: Search for a contact or pick a contact from the call history.
- Contacts: Open a contact's info card.
- Messages: Open a conversation.
- To end the call, tap End call .
If your carrier has its own video-calling feature:
- If you and the person you're calling both have a carrier video-call feature, the call will automatically use the carrier's video service.
- If only one of you have a carrier's video-call feature, the call will be through Google Duo.
Answer or decline a call
- Answer a call: Swipe up to answer the call.
- Decline a call: Swipe down to decline the call. The caller's phone will stop ringing and show that you're unavailable.
- Silence the ringer: Press the phone's power button or the ringer.
- Missed calls: If you miss a video call, you'll see it in your call history.
Troubleshoot video issues
- Make sure Duo is installed
- Check that you've registered Duo by verifying your phone number and allowing access to your contacts
- Don't see video call option: If you're on Android 8.0 and up, sync your Duo settings. Tap Settings Users & Accounts Duo Account sync More Sync now.
- Turn off video calls:
- With carrier video call: Open the Phone app Tap Settings Calls > Turn off video calling.
- Without carrier video call: Disconnect your phone number from Duo and uninstall the app
- Not getting video call notifications: Make sure you have the latest version of the app and are connected to Wi-Fi or a data connection. Learn more about other troubleshooting steps for notifications.