If you're having problems finding or syncing contacts, try the steps below.
Step 1: Let Duo use your contacts
Make sure you've given Duo access to your contacts. If you use Duo on your mobile device, you can use your phone’s contacts to make calls on Duo for web.
- To sync your contacts with Duo for web, follow the Android or iOS instructions on your mobile device.
- To see your contacts, you also need to add your Google Account to Duo on your mobile device. Make sure you're signed into Duo on all your devices with the same Google Account.
If you use Duo on a Chromebook, give access to your Chromebook’s contacts:
- At the bottom right, select the time.
- Select Settings .
- Under "Google Play Store," select Google Play Store.
- Select Manage Android preferences.
- Select Apps. From the list of apps, select Duo.
- Select Permissions.
- Turn on Contacts.
Step 2: Check your contacts
Duo uses your phone and Google Account contacts.
To see if someone is in your contacts:
- Choose the contact list you want to check.
- Google Account contacts: Go to contacts.google.com.
- Mobile device contacts: Open your phone’s contacts.
- Check that the person you’re trying to reach is listed.
- If the person isn’t in your contacts, add them.
Step 3: Report an issue
If the person you want to chat with is in your Contacts and uses Duo, but you still can't find them, send us feedback.
Need more help?
If none of the above solve the issue, you can ask questions in the Duo Help Forum.