If you’ve connected your phone number to any Google services, you may automatically be registered with other products, like Google Duo. If you want, you can uninstall Duo or delete your Duo account. If you want to use Duo again later, you’ll need to register again.
- If you delete your account, you permanently lose your history.
- If you uninstall the app then reinstall it and sign in, your history remains.
Block calls from a number
If you want to stop getting calls from a specific number, block the phone number. Learn how to block others from calling you.
Delete and uninstall Duo
Important: If you use Duo with Google Home and want to stop, learn how to unlink an app.
Step 1: Delete your account
Deleting your Duo account is the only way to completely disconnect it from your phone number or Google Account.
- On your Android device, open Duo.
- Tap More Settings Account.
- Tap Delete Duo account Delete.
Important: If you delete your account, you delete your settings and history. If you register for Duo again, blocked phone numbers are no longer blocked.
Important: On some devices, Duo is pre-installed on the device and can't be uninstalled.
For other devices where Duo isn't pre-install and if you've uninstalled the app already, you can wait 40 days for Duo to be automatically disconnected. If you don't want to wait 40 days:
- Go to your device's Home screen.
- Touch and hold the Duo icon.
- Tap Info.
- Tap Uninstall OK.
Tip: If you reinstall the app, you can view your history.
Other ways to stop calls
If you've never registered for Duo, stop getting Duo calls
If you get calls through App Preview Messages from people who have your number, you can stop getting them.
- On your Android device, open the Settings app.
- Tap Google App preview messages.
- In "Connected apps," turn off Duo.