Start a call with anyone, anywhere
You can make calls to anyone in your contacts who also uses Duo.
Before starting a call, you can learn how you can find and add people to call. All calls, including international ones, are made through your mobile data plan or a Wi-Fi connection, so you won't use your mobile minutes.
Start a new video or audio call
To use audio calls, make sure you have the latest version of the app.
- Open Duo.
- Tap New call. At the top, choose Video or Audio.
- Find the contact to call.
To end the call, tap End call .
Answer or decline a call
- Answer a call: Swipe up to answer the call.
- Decline a call: Swipe down to decline the call. The caller’s phone will stop ringing and show that you are unavailable.
- Silence the ringer: Press the phone's power button.
If you're not getting incoming call notifications, you may need to check your phone's settings. When the app is completely closed, incoming call notifications won't work.
Check your notification settings
- Go to your phone's settings.
- Tap Apps Duo Notifications.
- Make sure that you haven't blocked any of the notifications.