Fix issues with sound or video
If you can't connect to Duo, the app might have an issue with its sound, video or connection.
Here are a few things you can try to fix the problem:
Connect to Wi-Fi
If you're within range of a Wi-Fi network, try joining the network.
Check your mobile data connection
If you can't connect to Wi-Fi, make sure your phone has mobile data turned on and you have a strong signal.
To check that mobile data is turned on:
- On your Android device, open the Settings app Data usage.
- Turn on Mobile data.
If you have an Internet connection but you still can't get Duo to work, try restarting the app.
- On your Android device, open the Settings app Apps Duo Force stop.
- Open Duo again.
If nothing else works, try restarting your device.
Fix video or sound issues during a call
If the video or audio isn't working during a call, you and the person you're talking with should check the following:
- Make sure nothing is blocking the device's camera or microphone.
- Check that the camera and microphone are facing the right way.
- Check your cellular or Wi-Fi connection. Your Wi-Fi or mobile data icon should have at least 1 bar. If you don't see 1 bar, move to where you have a better connection.
- Check your device's battery strength. If your battery is low, charge your device.
- Restart the app and try again.
- Restart your device and try again.
Need more help?
If none of the above solve the issue, you can ask questions in the Duo Help Forum.