If you can't connect to Duo, the app might have an issue with its sound, video, or connection.
Here are a few things you can try to fix the problem:
Connect to Wi-Fi
If you're within range of a Wi-Fi network, try joining the network.
Check your mobile data connection
If you can't connect to Wi-Fi, make sure your phone has mobile data turned on and you have a strong signal.
To check that mobile data is turned on:
- On your Android device, open the Settings app Data usage.
- Turn on Mobile data.
If you have an Internet connection but you still can't get Duo to work, try restarting the app.
- On your Android device, open the Settings app Apps Duo Force stop.
- Open Duo again.
If nothing else works, try restarting your device.
Fix video or sound issues on a call
If you're on a call and you experience video or audio issues, you should:
- Make sure the device's camera and microphone are not physically blocked.
- Check that the camera and microphone face the right way.
- Check your cellular or Wi-Fi connection. The Wi-Fi or mobile data icon should have at least 1 bar. If you don't see 1 bar, move to where you have a better connection.
- Restart the app and try again.
- Restart your device and try again.
- Check your device's battery strength. If your battery is low, charge your device.
Need more help?
Visit the Duo Help Forum to ask questions and find tips on how to solve your audio or video issue.