Use AdWords remarketing lists in DoubleClick Search
Set up search remarketing from DCM remarketing lists
In DS, you can see which DoubleClick Campaign Manager audience (remarketing) lists are also responding to your search ads. Since this audience has already expressed an interest in your products, both from display ads and search ads, you may want to tailor your bids and ads to these visitors when they're searching on Google. To do so:
- Sign into AdWords and create an AdWords remarketing list.
- Add a snippet of code that you get from AdWords, called a remarketing tag, to the same pages on your site that contain the Floodlight tags you're using to build your DCM remarketing list.
When people visit those pages, the AdWords cookies associated with their browsers are added to the AdWords remarketing list and the DoubleClick cookies are added to the DCM remarketing list.
Once the AdWords remarketing tag is added to your site, you can add the AdWords remarketing list to an ad group that has keywords, bids and ads with a message tailored to customers on the remarketing list. You can do this from DS or from AdWords.
- You set up display-to-search remarketing as follows:
- In DoubleClick Campaign Manager (DCM), you have a set of display ads featuring the performance of a car, and these ads land on the the www.carmanufacturer.com/performance page of your site.
- You set up a Floodlight tag on that page and add visitor cookies to a DCM remarketing list named "Car performance".
- In DS, you view an audience report and notice that the "Car performance" audience generate a large number of conversions in your "economy car" ad group.
- You think this audience would respond better to your "performance car" ads, so you set up a remarketing list in AdWords and add the remarketing list to your "performance car" ad group.
- Next, you add the AdWords remarketing tag to the www.carmanufacturer.com/performance page of your site.
- A visitor clicks a display ad and lands on the www.carmanufacturer.com/performance page.
- The AdWords cookies associated with the visitor's browser are added to the AdWords remarketing list.
- The next time the visitor searches for a keyword in "performance car" ad group, your bids will increase, and you'll increase the likelyhood that the visitor will click on your "performance car" ad.
Details about DCM audience lists in DS
If you use DCM to manage your display advertising, you can sign into DCM and create audience lists of visitors who have clicked a display ad and landed on your site. DS reports can show how the DCM audience lists are responding to your search ads.
The following criteria determine which DCM audience lists are available for reporting in DS (only lists that meet all of these criteria appear in DS):
The list was created in the DCM advertiser that is associated with your DS advertiser
Note that DS only reports on DCM remarketing lists that are either:
The list contains more than 1000 cookies
Initially, only the first 200 lists with the most number of cookies appear in DS. Each month DS evaluates the number of cookies in the DCM audience lists and adds any lists with more cookies than the original bottom ranking list. Because of this, some advertisers may see more than 200 DCM remarketing lists in DS.