Create and edit URLs and parameters
Add a destination URL to Bing Ads ads
You can edit your existing Bing Ads ads to specify a destination URL as a pre-migration step to Upgraded URLs. Specify the destination URL using the DoubleClick Search user interface or by using a bulksheet.
Currently, you aren’t required to specify destination URLs in your existing Bing Ads ads. It’s an optional, but recommended step. If you don’t want to specify destination URLs in your existing ads, during the migration to Upgraded URLs, DS will automatically apply a destination URL from a keyword using the following criteria:
- The keyword is in the same ad group.
- The keyword has the most clicks.
- The domain in the keyword’s destination URL matches the domain in the ad's display URL.
If the keyword criteria isn’t met, the ad’s display URL is used as the destination URL.
You are required to specify a destination URL when you create new ads.
Add destination URLs to an existing Bing Ads ad using the DS user interface
Navigate to a Bing Ads ad group.Steps for navigating to an ad group
Click the navigation bar to display navigation options.
In the Agency list, click the agency that contains the advertiser. You can search for an agency by name or scroll through the list.
In the Advertiser list, click the advertiser that contains the engine account.
In the Account list, click the engine account that contains the campaign.
In the Campaign list, click the campaign that contains the ad group.
In the Ad group list, click the ad group.
Click Apply or press the Enter key.
DoubleClick Search displays the ad group page.
- Click the Ads tab.
Add the Destination URL column to the reporting table.
- Above the reporting table, click the Columns button.
- In the Search box, type Destination URL, and then click + to add the column.
- Drag the column where you want it in the list.
- Click Apply.
- Click the row in the Destination URL column, and then type the destination URL, prefaced with http:// or https://.
- Click Save.
Use a bulksheet to add or update Bing Ads destination URLs
You can use a bulksheet to add or update the destination URL and other ad components in your Bing Ads accounts.