Create and report on AdWords conversion trackers
Report on AdWords conversions
If you're using AdWords conversion tracking you can report on these conversions in DS by adding AdWords conversion columns to your reporting tables. DoubleClick Search (DS) provides several columns that report the total number of conversions recorded by all AdWords conversion trackers. You can also report on specific types of conversions, such as sign-ups, phone calls, or mobile app installs by creating custom AdWords conversion columns.
Master-account level tracking is supported
In AdWords, you can add conversion trackers at the account level and the master account-level. In DoubleClick Search, you can only add account-level conversion trackers. Both master-account level and account-level conversions are reported in DS.
Changing the name of a conversion tracker in AdWords
If you sign into AdWords and change the name of a conversion tracker, be sure to sync the change into DS. Once you rename a conversion tracker, AdWords no longer sends data for the tracker under its old name, and DS will not have any information about the new name until you sync.
After you sync:
- You'll see a new conversion tracker in DS.
- All of the metrics from before the name change will be attributed to the new tracker.
- Any custom columns that referred to the old name will update automatically to refer to the new name.
- The old conversion tracker appears in DS with the removed status.
Both AdWords and DS provide columns that report on the full range of conversions recorded by AdWords conversion tracking, including web site conversions, cross-environment conversions, store visits, and most other types of AdWords conversions.
In DS, these columns are available at all levels (for example, advertiser, engine account, campaign, ad group, ad, and keyword), but note the following restrictions for reports below the ad group level:
- Reporting data is available starting from July 1, 2017 onward. For example, if you add the AW All Conv column to the Keywords tab, only conversions that occurred on or after July 1, 2017 are counted in the column. If you navigate to the Ad groups tab, conversions for the entire history of the ad group are counted in the column.
- Desktop call conversions are not available. (Desktop call conversions occur when users call a Google forwarding number displayed on a desktop ad). For example, if you add the AW All Conv column to the Keywords tab, desktop call conversions are not counted in the column. If you navigate to the Ad groups tab, these conversions are counted in the column.
- Hourly reporting isn't available for columns that report All conversions.
For example, if you add the AW All Conv column to the Keywords tab and add the Hour of day segment, the All AW Conv column reports zero. By contrast, the AW Conversions column would report on the number of AdWords "Conversions" recorded per hour.
Add an AdWords conversion column:
Above the performance summary graph, click the Columns button to display the column selection tool.
- In the Available columns list, click ▸Conversions, then click AdWords.
Click + to add an AdWords conversion column to your report.
Click Apply. In your report, look for the columns that begin with AW.
To report on specific types of conversions, such as sign-ups, phone calls, or mobile app installs:
- Navigate to an AdWords engine account.
Steps for navigating to an engine account
Click the navigation bar to display navigation options.
In the Agency list, click on the agency that contains the advertiser. You can search for an agency by name or scroll through the list.
In the Advertiser list, click on the advertiser that contains the engine account.
In the Account list, click on the engine account.
Click Apply or press the Enter key.
DoubleClick Search displays the engine account page.
- Click one of the following tabs:
- Ad groups
- Any extension on the Extensions tab
- From the Targets tab:
- Product groups
- Location targets
- Remarkting targets
- From the Dimensions tab:
- Engine remarketing list
- Dimensions from the Products advertised category
- Dimensions from the Geo category
- Above the performance summary graph, click the Columns button to display the column selection tool.
- In the Available columns list, click ▸Custom conversions, then click AdWords.
- Under New AdWords conversion type column, click + New column.
- Enter a name for the column.
- In the Search box, type the name for the conversion tracker or click (move right arrows) to add the conversion tracker to the Selected AW conversion trackers list.
- Next to Metric, click ▾ (down arrow) to display the list of AdWords conversions, and then click one of the metrics.
- Click Save.
The new column appears in your reporting table.
Why do AdWords and Floodlight conversion tracking not match?
In DS, if you compare columns such as Actions and Transactions with the AdWords conversion tracking columns, you may see that the numbers don’t match. Learn why.
AdWords conversion tracking data is processed throughout the day. DS updates AdWords conversion tracking data along with other engine data (with a maximum delay of three hours).