Edit an ad, keyword, or product target
In the DoubleClick Search (DS) UI, you can update the settings of multiple ads, keywords, or product targets at once. You’ll first need to filter the table so it contains only the ads, keywords, or product targets you want to update. You can also schedule bulk edits
Schedule bulk edits
You can schedule bulk edits of ads, keywords, or product targets to occur at a specific time or on a recurring basis. This allows you to keep your regular working hours and still have DS make needed changes any time 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For example, you can:
- Activate ads or keywords at midnight to coincide with the launch of a promotion.
- Change ad copy to coincide with the beginning of summer.
- Lower bids on keywords during weekends or overnight, and raise them during week days.
To help you keep track of your edits, you can name each scheduled edit something that's meaningful to you. To see a summary of your scheduled edits, or to pause, resume, or delete them, click Scheduled edits in the left nav. Note that DS will list a maximum of 2000 scheduled edits on the Scheduled edits page.Steps to update ads, keywords, or product targets in bulk
There can only be one active bulk edit per engine account at a time.
Navigate to an engine account and click the Ads or Keywords tab.
- You can set up a filter to refine your bulk edit selection:
- Click Filter in the toolbar above the performance summary graph.
- Set up a filter so the table contains only the ads or keywords you want to update.
If you need to further refine your selection, select the check boxes next to the ads or keywords you want to edit.
If you don’t select any check boxes, DS will edit all the ads or keywords across all pages.
In the toolbar above the table, click the Edit button and select the action you want to take.
The Editing panel appears.
- The Applies to option shows the number of ads or keywords you selected.
You also have the option to select all ads or keywords across all pages or matching the filter.
Set up the bulk edit.
- To schedule the edit to occur at a specific time or on a recurring basis:
- Next to Start, elect to start the edit at a later time or set up a recurring schedule.
- If needed, use the Revert option to undo the changes at a certain time.
- Enter the email addresses of the users to be notified of these changes. DS will send email when the scheduled edit completes.
A line above the table displays the progress of the bulk edit. If needed, you can attempt to cancel the edits. It's possible to cancel a bulk edit while objects are being sent to the engine; visit the Bulk operations page to see which edits were fully processed before cancellation. However, if you click Cancel too late in the process, DS will finish all the edits.
You can click the More details link to see the Bulk operations page.
The Bulk operations page shows a history of bulk edits in the past 30 days for the advertiser. You can download a report from the Results column for more details, including the reasons that any of the ads/keywords/product targets failed to be updated.
You can also use this report to undo a bulk edit. Follow these steps:
Navigate to the engine account that contains the ads, keywords, or product targets.
Click Bulk operations in the left nav.
The Bulk operations page appears.
In the Results column, click a Download reports link.
After the download is complete, open the report in a spreadsheet tool like Microsoft Excel or LibreOffice.
Remove the rows that contain the edits you want to preserve.
For the rows of edits that you want to undo, switch the column titles of the original and new columns.
For example, switch Original Keyword max CPC with Keyword max CPC.
If any of the cells in the switched columns are blank, enter delete_content in those cells.
Upload the report back into DS.