Edit ads or keywords in bulk
In the DoubleClick Search (DS) UI, you can update the settings of multiple ads or keywords at once. You’ll first need to filter the table so it contains only the ads or keywords you want to update. You can also schedule bulk edits.
When Yahoo! JAPAN sees a new or updated clickserver URL for a keyword, it places the keyword in the Pending Review status. New or changed dynamic parameters will be unresolved until Yahoo! JAPAN approves the change. Learn more.
Steps to update ads or keywords in bulk
Once you start a bulk edit for a large group of items, DS may need some time to apply the edits. In the meantime, DS does not start applying other bulk edits that you might start in the engine account, or bulk edits that were scheduled to start, until the current edit is finished. That is, there can only be one active bulk edit per engine account at a time.
Navigate to an engine account and click the Ads or Keywords tab.Steps for navigating to an engine account
In the left navigation pane, click All accounts.
What if the left navigation pane isn't visible?
Click the navigation bar to display navigation options.
In the Agency list, click on the agency that contains the advertiser. You can search for an agency by name or scroll through the list.
In the Advertiser list, click on the advertiser that contains the engine account.
In the Account list, click on the engine account.
Click Apply or press the Enter key.
DoubleClick Search displays the engine account page.
- You can set up a filter to refine your bulk edit selection:
- Click Filter in the toolbar above the performance summary graph.
- Set up a filter so the table contains only the ads or keywords you want to update.
If you need to further refine your selection, select the check boxes next to the ads or keywords you want to edit.
If you don’t select any check boxes, DS will edit all the ads or keywords across all pages.
In the toolbar above the table, click the Edit button and select the action you want to take.
The Editing panel appears.
- The Applies to option shows the number of ads or keywords you selected.
You also have the option to select all ads or keywords across all pages or matching the filter.
Set up the bulk edit.
- To schedule the edit to occur at a specific time or on a recurring basis:
- Next to Start, elect to start the edit at a later time or set up a recurring schedule.
- If needed, use the Revert option to undo the changes at a certain time.
- Enter the email addresses of the users to be notified of these changes. DS will send email when the scheduled edit completes.
A line above the table displays the progress of the bulk edit. If needed, you can attempt to cancel the edits. It's possible to cancel a bulk edit while objects are being sent to the engine; visit the Bulk operations page to see which edits were fully processed before cancellation. However, if you click Cancel too late in the process, DS will finish all the edits.
You can click the More details link to see the Bulk operations page.
Schedule bulk edits
You can schedule bulk edits of ads or keywords to occur at a specific time or on a recurring basis. This allows you to keep your regular working hours and still have DS make needed changes any time 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For example, you can:
- Activate ads or keywords at midnight to coincide with the launch of a promotion.
- Change ad copy to coincide with the beginning of summer.
- Lower bids on keywords during weekends or overnight, and raise them during week days.
To help you keep track of your edits, you can name each scheduled edit something that's meaningful to you. To see a summary of your scheduled edits, or to pause, resume, or remove them, click Scheduled edits in the left nav. Note that DS will list a maximum of 2000 scheduled edits on the Scheduled edits page.
Scheduled edits are subject to the permissions of the DoubleClick Search (DS) user who set up the edit. If an agency manager removes the user or restricts the user from making edits, DS will no longer run the scheduled edit. To see which user set up a scheduled edit, click Scheduled edits in the left nav and view Who column.