Set up your first campaign
Once the engine accounts have been mapped, you can now import your campaigns automatically into DoubleClick Search through running a sync. You would need to run this process for each engine account you would like to manage in DoubleClick Search. After a sync is completed, the DoubleClick Search clickserver URLs will be pushed out to the engine at the keyword destination URL, and the real landing page will be stored in DoubleClick Search.
This process is also used if you make changes directly on the engine and need those changes to be reflected in DoubleClick Search (e.g. creating new keywords, updating bids, etc.)
Follow these steps to sync an account:
Navigate to an engine account and click the Campaigns tab.
In the toolbar above the reporting table, click the Sync from engine button.
The sync properties appear.
If you want DS to remove any existing trafficking errors for the campaigns, ad groups, ads, and keywords in this engine account, select the check box next to Fix all trafficking errors.
If you leave the check box deselected, you'll still be able to fix the errors after the sync, perhaps through upload.
Click Start sync.
When the Sync status disappears, the sync is complete.
- Click the Last sync details button to see:
- When the sync occurred.
- Number of objects (campaigns, groups, ads, and keywords) on the engine at the time of the sync.
- Number of objects that were changed in DS.
- Number of errors during the sync.
- A link to download additional sync details, which includes:
- The name of the campaign, ad group, ad, or keyword that was modified.
- How the object was modified: added, updated, removed, or trafficked.
If you create a new campaign, ad group, ad, or keyword, DS will traffic them to the engine after the sync is complete.
- The sync will skip:
- Objects that DS doesn't yet support (such as image ads).
- Settings that DS doesn't understand (such as proximity targeting).
- Deleted campaigns, ad groups, ads, and keywords.
The sync will not start until all pending operations have been trafficked or received an error. For example, if you just modified a campaign, DS will need to traffic the change to the engine or send an error before the sync can begin.
The sync of a large account can last several minutes. Smaller accounts should sync more quickly.
If an imported keyword doesn't have a destination URL, DS will apply the destination URL from the first ad in the ad group. If the keywords don't have clickserver URLs, DS will automatically create clickserver URLs.
Closing the browser window will not affect the sync.
If you have static URL parameters, DS will house those parameters inside of the clickserver URL upon syncing, so they will not be visible in the keyword-level URL on the search engine. The order of parameters is not guaranteed.
DS will copy sitelinks from an AdWords engine account and recreate them with clickserver URLs.
Need help? Contact DS Support