Sync changes from the engine into DoubleClick Search
Why should I run a sync in DoubleClick Search?
With DoubleClick Search (DS) sync, you can pull changes from the search engine into DS. Running a sync allows you to:
Ensure consistency between DS and the engine:
- A synchronization makes sure that the settings for your engine account in DS match your settings on the engine.
- This is particularly important because the engines do the actual serving of your ads. Running a synchronization (sync for short) from the engine regularly means you’ll have the most up-to-date settings in DS as reflected on the engine.
Import an existing account from a supported engine into DS:
- DS pulls in all supported objects and their attributes from the engine account, and creates them in DS.
In engines that support shared templates, DoubleClick Search (DS) generates and traffics a custom parameter for each new keyword and other trackable item. The custom parameter uniquely identifies the item so DS can attribute conversions and other activity to the item.
For engines that don't support shared templates, DS does the following after the sync completes:
- Generates a clickserver URL for each item.
- Retraffics the items and clickserver URLs back out to the engine. When you view the items in the engine you'll see the DS clickserver URL instead of the landing page URL you defined. Recall that DS keeps a copy of the original landing page URL in its Landing page column.
This applies to any item that defines its own landing page URL except ads. DS does not generate clickserver URLs for ads.
Clear old trafficking errors:
- If you run a sync and select the check box next to Fix all trafficking errors. Campaigns, ad groups, ads, and keywords that have never trafficked successfully to the engine will be removed from DoubleClick Search, the sync will clear all older trafficking errors in the DS UI.
- Note that the sync is run at the engine account level. Be sure that you understand the error messages you are clearing out for the entire account before running a sync with this option.