Upload objects into DS
You can upload creates and updates to large amounts of campaigns, ad groups, ads, and keywords at once. When you perform an upload, it's imported into DoubleClick Search, and DoubleClick Search then attempts to send the upload to the specified engine as soon as possible (or at the scheduled time).
Supported file size and formats
You can upload files up to 600 MB with any of the following formats:
XLS/XLSX: You can upload files up to a million rows with XLSX (Excel 2007) files.
CSV: UTF-8 or UTF-16 (with BOM) file whose fields are comma separated. Fields are optionally double quoted.
TSV: UTF-8 or UTF-16 (with BOM) file whose fields are delimited with a TAB character. Fields are optionally double quoted.
Upload objects into DoubleClick Search and a search engine
Navigate to an engine account.
You can also choose to upload across multiple advertisers and engine accounts.
In the Multiple Engine Accounts dropdown, select the engine account.
Next to Process, you have the option of scheduling the start of the upload processing to a future date and time.
- To do this, select the After option button and then select a date and time.
- The selected time indicates when the upload is first eligible to begin processing. At that time, DS will place the upload in the queue with other pending uploads.
- DS will check the file for errors immediately after the initial upload, and will notify you of any errors. This gives you a chance to correct your file before the scheduled upload time.
Select the check box to have DoubleClick Search send you an email when the upload is complete.
- DoubleClick Search will email the file to the email address associated with your Google Account for DoubleClick Search. If you want to email it to a different address, enter it in the Send to field.
- The email will contain a link to the upload page; if there are errors, you can download the error sheet from the uploads list, make corrections, and attempt to upload again.
If you're creating a new upload file, you can click Get upload templates and geo targeting codes to download the template of an upload file in XLSX, XLS, or CSV format.
Format the upload file. Make sure that you enter the desired values in the Row Type and Action columns, and complete the remaining required columns.
Click Upload File and locate the file to upload on your hard drive or network.
The button name will change to Uploading..., and a progress bar will appear next to the filename. The Uploads list section will have more details about your upload.
The preview pop-up will appear. During processing:
- If you’re sure that the upload file is correct, you can click the Skip Preview & Submit button at any time.
- You can Minimize Preview if you want to work on something else.
Once the preview processing is complete, if there are no errors, click Skip Preview & Submit. If there are errors, you can review them and decide to:
- Submit with Errors: Proceed with the upload.
- Cancel Changes: Cancel the upload, attempt to fix the errors in the file, and then try to upload again.
Cancel an in-progress upload
If the progress bar indicates that your upload is not yet complete, you'll have the option to cancel the upload.