Clickservers and Floodlight track activity
Consumer activity is tracked in DoubleClick Search according to the following.
- A consumer enters a keyword on a search engine.
- The search engine serves an ad.
- The consumer clicks on the ad.
- The consumer is redirected to the DoubleClick Search (DS) clickservers.
- The consumer is redirected to the DoubleClick Digital Marketing (DDM) ad servers.
These redirects through the DDM systems occur in the background. You will not notice the redirects while using DoubleClick Search.
- The consumer is redirected to the advertiser's landing page.
- The consumer makes a purchase.
- The advertiser's web site serves a Floodlight tag.
- DoubleClick Campaign Manager (DCM) logs a conversion.
For information about setting up Floodlight, visit the DCM Help Center.