Format the upload file
The Upload file must be correctly completed before you can upload it into DoubleClick Search. When you upload object creates and updates into DoubleClick Search, each search engine has different requirements for the columns that you need to complete. If you're using an upload file template you downloaded from DoubleClick Search, hover over a column name to learn more about these column requirements.
The values described in this article are case-sensitive
Each upload template is designed to work on Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Yahoo! Search Marketing.
You can enter trafficking updates in any of the languages that the engines support. However, the values in the Row type and Action columns must be in English, as well as any usage of delete_content.
It's not required, but you can remove unneeded columns before uploading.
The following two columns in the Upload file are always required:
Row type: Enter the type of object you're uploading:
- ad group
- campaign negative keyword
- ad group negative keyword
Action: Enter the type of action you're performing on the object.
- create: Create the object. Leave the related ID column blank.
- create|pause: Create the object as paused. Leave the related ID column blank.
- edit: Update the object. Enter the object ID in the related ID column.
- pause: Bring the object on the search engine down temporarily. Enter the object ID in the related ID column.
- resume: Resume an object after it has been paused or deactivated. Enter the object ID in the related ID column.
- deactivate: Bring the object on the search engine down permanently. This action deletes the object on the search engine. Before you perform this action, you must be absolutely certain that you'll never need the object again. If you're not certain, we recommend you enter Pause instead. Enter the object ID in the related ID column.
Remove the value of an optional column
You can enter delete_content to remove the existing value of any optional column. For example, enter delete_content in the Keyword Bid Strategy column and the ID in the Keyword ID column. After you upload the file, DoubleClick Search will remove the keyword from its bid strategy.