/drive/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
google drive error 0x00175801
This error has come up y'day and, again, today - google drive error 0x00175801

As far as I know, I don't use google drive, unless it's to do with my mobile phone
I'd really appreciate some help to sort this

I'm not aware I'm using Backup & Sync, although I'm regarded, by my friends, to be very 'techie' with computers (I only know what I know etc)

So, I just don't know what to do about this, nor where to start.  I don't have time, nor motivation,  to spend hours looking into it all, to be honest.  I've got other things to do.

Thanks for any help
Details
Pinned
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (15)
Peter, volunteer contributor Photos and Drive
Relevant Answer
Hello Julie,

If you left click on the Windows logo bottom right and start typing Programs you should see the option to Add or remove programs.

Check for and uninstall Backup and Sync and Google Drive.

If not any of those, I can only suggest you go to https://support.google.com/drive/gethelp and fill in the details to see if there any recommended help pages.

If not, then keep clicking Next and you will eventually reach a contact page <see screenshot online> where you have a choice of contact options
Regards,
Peter

marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Brilliant, Peter
Many thanks for this
I'll give it a go
Hopefully, it will sort it out, otherwise I'll be back  ;)
Thanks again
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
There is also an option to clean up old installation files

Step 1: Clear files cached on your computer.
  • Windows: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Google\ Delete DriveFS & Drive
Step 2: Reinstall Drive for Desktop
Sign in and try again.

Regards,
Peter
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
AFAIK this error shows up if you have both Backup & Sync (BnS) and Drive for Desktop installed/running. Quit the Backup & Sync (BnS) app first and try completing your task with Drive for Desktop.

If you don't need BnS anymore, then just uninstall it.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have been running Drive File Stream since it appeared, without any issue. A few days ago I started getting a popup upon starting Windows 10 bugging me about migrating from Backup & Sync to Drive for Desktop. It should go without saying that my Drive File Stream had already been updated so that I am now running Drive for Desktop. This evening I started up Windows and got a popup "Can't move account" with text "To move your account to Drive for desktop, quit Backup and Sync and try again", and Error code 0x00175801 . But I don't have Backup & Sync installed. It's not visible in the Task Manager or in the Programs and Features control panel.

AppData\Local\Google\DriveFS\Logs\drive_fs.txt contains these lines at the end of the file (with email address replaced by asterisks):

2021-09-04T00:03:46.179ZE [11084:MigrationThread_COM] base_db.h:44:Initialize Database path C:\Users\richard\AppData\Local\Google\Drive\global.db is not a file
2021-09-04T00:03:46.179ZI [11084:MigrationThread_COM] backup_and_sync.cc:983:CreateGlobalDb Failed to initialize global db, continuing without it.
2021-09-04T00:03:46.271ZE [11084:MigrationThread_COM] base_db.h:44:Initialize Database path C:\Users\richard\AppData\Local\Google\Drive\user_default\cloud_graph\cloud_graph.db is not a file
2021-09-04T00:03:46.271ZI [11084:MigrationThread_COM] backup_and_sync.cc:453:Initialize Failed to initialize cloud graph db, continuing without it.
2021-09-04T00:03:46.272ZI [11084:MigrationThread_COM] backup_and_sync.cc:1027:CreateAccounts Found Backup and Sync account: ********************
2021-09-04T00:03:46.273ZE [11084:MigrationThread_COM] backup_and_sync.cc:172:IsActiveBackupAndSyncProcess Failed to open process (pid: 4256): 0x5
2021-09-04T00:03:46.273ZE [11084:MigrationThread_COM] migration.cc:841:Initialize Failed to stop Backup and Sync: Status::PRECONDITION_FAILED
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This is an easy fix.

Go to your desktop and hit the windows key and look for an App called Back up and Sync and try to open

it will say its being replaced by drive for desktop and it will want you to remove it. CLick ok and its fixed.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Some time in the last two or three days Google installed Google Drive on my computer AND put it in my startup programs. It all happened without my permission. I was constantly getting a popup to "Sign in to Google Drive", so I started digging around and found it had installed on 9/7/21. Long ago I disabled every kind of data gathering process in my Google account that I could find, and now THIS happens.  HOW CAN GOOGLE GET AWAY WITH THIS? It seems that Google is doing everything it can to get information about us, even if they have to sneak and do it without our permission. I'm about ready to remove my entire Google account.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have this problem on a Windows computer that's been running Google Drive for desktop all year. Backup and Sync is not running and is not installed. As far as I know, it's never been installed on this computer. Yet I'm still getting the error code 0x00175801. I have uninstalled Google Drive for desktop, restarted the computer, and reinstalled Google Drive for desktop (51.0.9.0), but I get the same error. I'm at a loss, and I have to assume this is a bug introduced in version 51?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
@Jeremy, did you try the option to clean up old cache folders 

Step 1: Clear files cached on your computer.
  • Windows: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Google\ Delete DriveFS & Drive
Restart the computer to clear temp storage

Step 2: Reinstall Drive for Desktop
Sign in and try again.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Deleting  DriveFS serves me the purpose . Thanks PeteranDi for your advice !!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Why TF is Google offering to install Drive for Destop with Backup and Sync running if Backup and Sync has to be UNINSTALLED?

WHO QUALITY CHECKS AND TESTS THIS STUFF?!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
The answer is obvious: NOBODY!

I've been trying to get this thing upgraded myself, in order to get rid of the most annoying pop-up that comes back every 5 minutes, in the entire history of mankind.

But the damned crap won't even upgrade after I stopped the process for "Backup & Sync".

Stupid app still says that "Backup & Sync" is started, even after I closed the process for it. And it won't install.

I need a fix for this damned stupidity without me going through my registries and cache and any other garbage. Do your job right, Google.

Please advise on fix.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
No Google here, if you want to talk to them, use the Drive support option.

The following appears to work as a general reset.

if installed, Uninstall Drive for desktop and Backup and Sync

Clear files cached on your computer
  • Go to: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Google\ Delete or rename both DriveFS & Drive if present
Restart the computer to clear any Windows cache

Reinstall Drive for Desktop:
The main differences are you can no longer:
  1. Sync selected folders in My drive to your computer. It's all or nothing
  2. Ignore File extensions when syncing files from your computer
  3. Choose whether synced items can be removed or not
    • This could result in unexpected downloads of files previously deleted on the computer but retained in Google Drive
  4. A virtual drive is created as part of Stream files and is ever present
    • The virtual drive remains for Mirror files, but is redundant
Please check the following pages for further information

Google Blog about the transition to Drive for desktop https://blog.google/products/drive/drive-for-desktop/

Use Google Drive for desktop https://support.google.com/drive/answer/10838124 
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi lovely. I found this. They say it's the answer. Good luck!!.
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/drive/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic