/drive/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Disable Google Drive drive letter
How can I completely prevent the new Google Drive app from mounting the Google Drive folder as a virtual drive? As in, stop it from mounting to any drive letter. This "feature" is pretty useless for me and just clutters up explorer.

Unrelated, but Backup and Sync had an option to disable syncing all USB devices. Now it must be done one by one as they are connected. How can I disable syncing for all USB devices, current and future?

So far the new app seems to be exclusively be a downgrade in functionality. Not happy.
Details
Pinned
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (311)
Relevant Answer
It's also adding a new quick access link on every launch, and even deleting the entry results in it just being added back in.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I agree with this wholeheartedly. I swapped over a few minutes ago and it seems to just be removing all customization and cluttering up things.

Please let us manage our own computers!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
That isn't a helpful answer. I've been in I.T. as a director for more than 15 years and this new Drive circumvents nearly all non-registry hack ways of hiding a drive. Encouraging people to edit things that could potentially brick their system is not a good answer to this horrible "feature".
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I really like that the mounted virtual drive doesn't even point to the actual folder, but instead to a shortcut to the folder.

Anyways, from the business-side I'm really glad we have no plans to utilize Gdrive, and on a personal-side this was the last kick I needed to move to an alternative service.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
someone suggested just change the drive letter, to me that is not the problem I do not want it as extra drive as it has evolved into.
ray
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/drive/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic