Google Drive desktop client, 2 weeks usage report (it's not good)
- It took me 2 weeks to upload 20GB, ~50k files
- The client has crashed a total of 37 times (all reports sent to google)
- The CPU has been on constant 100% 24/7
- The average memory usage was ~750MB
- I've manually updated the client 2 times (auto update doesn't work)
- Uploading a file is about 3x slower with the Desktop Client than using the browser (yes, I've benchmarked this)
- The client spends about 15 mins on every upstart "scanning the web"
- If I change the file structure (like adding / moving files) while syncing the client stops and eventually crashes (changing files are unavoidable when the total sync time is counted in weeks)
- Deleting sub folders in the Google drive folder on the PC sometimes (happened on 3 occasions) have no effect on what's on the Drive. The files/folders remain.
- Immediately pull the Drive desktop client from the market
- Re-write the desktop app from scratch
- Refund/prolong subscription for any paying customers (this includes ChromeOS user that got 100GB "for free")
- Relaunch in 6 months
- Add (headless) linux support
Some community members might have badges that indicate their identity or level of participation in a community.
Member levels indicate a user's level of participation in a forum. The greater the participation, the higher the level. Everyone starts at level 1 and can rise to level 10. These activities can increase your level in a forum:
- Post an answer.
- Having your answer selected as the best answer.
- Having your post rated as helpful.
- Vote up a post.
- Correctly mark a topic or post as abuse.
Having a post marked and removed as abuse will slow a user's advance in levels.
View profile in forum?
To view this member's profile, you need to leave the current Help page.
Report abuse in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To report abuse, you need to leave the current Help page.
Reply in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To reply, you need to leave the current Help page.